[AccessD] A2010: Create custom popup menu to run custom function

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Aug 15 11:23:58 CDT 2012

Hi all

I need some help with this.

I've found out that you need a reference to the Office Object Library and then create a "commandbar" to achieve this, but the code examples I can locate just adds standard Access/Office commands to the menu using "secret" values.

My popup should be displayed when right-clicking the form outside the controls.
It should contain a few menu entries, say:

  Create New
  Reset

When clicking one of these, a function of mine should be called, like:

  CreateNewOrder()
  ClearOrder()

No fancy icons or the like is needed.

I've managed to create a shortcutmenu (macro) but, when I right-click, no menu is shown - the macro is executed right away.

/gustav