[AccessD] Access 2007 + Visual Source Safe

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Aug 29 11:15:09 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur

This is how:

1. From your VSS CD, install the "client" NETSETUP.EXE.

2. Input your CD-Key.

VSS is now installed.

3. Open from the Start menu:

  Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0

4. VSS Login is shown. Input Username and Password.
Click Browse ...

5. Open sourceSafe Database is shown.
Click Browse..

6. Find Database is shown. Input your file name:

  \\server\path\databasefilename

7. The folder is displayed. Mark srcsafe.ini and click Open.

8. Browse for Visual SourceSafe Database is displayed with your database name.
Click OK.

9. Open sourceSafe Database now also shows the line with your database.

10. Mark your database. Click Open.

11. Continue and VSS is opened with your database.

Install Access Developer Extensions til Access 2010

1. Run the file AccessDeveloperExtensions.exe

2. Open Access 2010 without opening a database.

3. Select menu Source Object, Options.

4. Source Code Control Options is displayed.
Click Advanced.

5. VSS Login is shown. Input Username and Password.
Click Browse ...

6. Open sourceSafe Database is shown. Mark your database.
Click Open.

7. Input if necessary your password in VSS Login.
Click OK.

8. Click OK in Source Code Control Options.

Check objects out and in by right-clicking them and select from the bottom-listed menu items.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 29-08-12 16:57 >>>
>From a casual reading, it would appear that MS wants everyone to migrate
from VSS to Team Foundation Server (TFS). Is my reading correct? Will it
work with Access? The reads seem to be directed at .NET users.

A.