[AccessD] Burn-out

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:46:03 CST 2012

Thanks for your visits to my (our) blog. I finally figured out how to
include my best friend and collaborator Peter Brawley as an active creator,
and we have adopted the convention of signing each missive, so that it's
clear which of age, disease and bad habits contributed which missives.

Please continue to visit. And to comment upon our missives.

P.S.
Steps toward the see-through burqa have been taken. I should be able to
release virgin 1.0 within a month. Even lined up a couple of models for the
photo-shoot. (Q: Is there anything hotter than a smart South Asian woman?
A: Not lately!)

I think this burqa concept is going through the roof. I have received
several hundred requests to purchase. I have not bothered to divide the
buyers yet. But apparently, I am onto something, and this pleases me
immensely.

I want a world in which all humans are equal. A nice principle,
conveniently ignoring class in some nations, wealth in others, genetic
inheritance in others.

So what does "All Humans Are Equal" actually mean? I'm not even vaguely
sure. Obviously one can draw any number of
dimensions/behaviours/propensities etc. --

1. We differ in height. average weight, pigmentation, intelligence, musical
skill and so on..
2. There are gigantic differences in wages, housing costs, medicinal
coverage, golden parachutes, etc., all of which contribute to our radical
inequality.
3. There are huge swings in the measures of intelligence. No matter which
test you use, the results are widely varied but almost always tend toward
the Bell Curve. Despite all the new-education prognoses, any five-year-old
can scout her classmates and pinpoint the dunces and the geniuses (or if
you're PC, the challenged and the gifted).

Darwin's maxim "Survival of the Fittest" has often been misinterpreted to
mean "Survival of the Most Predatory". Even a cursory glance at what is
happening in the oceans ought to be enough to refute this idiotic
interpretation, but let us press on. In previous centuries, physically
strong men were valuable: plowmen, blacksmiths, etc. In the latter half of
the 20th Century and thus far in the 21st, physical strength is worth less
and less, while computational strength is worth more and more. This does
not refute Darwin, but rather reinforce his conclusion; "the fittest"
implies the current environment -- the Fittest in the contemporary
situation. In one century it might be A, in another B, in another C. Way
back when, sheer height might have implied superior hunting skills; now it
implies an NBA contract and not much else. Conversely, where would a gift
for algebra have got a peasant just a few centuries back?

. Sad to say, so might I, depending upon the sense of humour of certain
people who might visit this, or merely Google and end up with a hit to my
blog.

So be it! I'm 64yo and my murder would rob me of what, 10 years at best? So
what!

The abyss looms. SuddenlyI I feel the Freedom!

1. To say what I've always stifled, lest I offend friends, colleagues and
strangers.Glimpsing now the Knight of Death on the horizon (c.f. Bergman's
"The Seventh Seal").

2012/2/1 Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca>

> Hi Shamil:
>
> I was thinking of creating a blog site and have been watching Arthur's
> progress with some interest. (Initially thought about building my own but
> fortunately that thought passed) Now that I have supposedly retired, I am
> suppose to have all sorts of time?...hardly...but soon I will be able to
> start posting some experiences...but now is tax form season. :-(
>
> Jim

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr