[AccessD] OT: portable headphone amps.

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Feb 2 08:15:58 CST 2012

As you have probably gathered, I have many interests, including DIY various things.  I have built a
DIY CMOY headphone amp, see discussion here:

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/cmoy-with-gain.html

which I ended up giving away to my brother-in-law who is mostly deaf.

Anyway, I ran across an interesting blog for a DIY headphone amp.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/o2-headphone-amp.html

If you read that you will find links to other blog pages discussing many details of the design and
electronics.  I started my career in electronics back in the 70s and loved op amps in particular.
It has been a loooong while since I really studied electronics but it still fascinates me.

Enjoy.

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it