[AccessD] Cannot Create OutPut File

Tony Septav TSeptav at uniserve.com
Mon Feb 6 07:58:01 CST 2012

Hey Stuart and Doug
Stuart thanks,
I was using Ron De Bruins Zip/Unzip code for VBA Xls. Had to some tweaking
for Access 2003.  Never ceases to amaze me how some of you guys can do this
stuff right of the top of your head. Question for you, I know how to get the
names of the files in the archive/zip file

For Each FileNameInZip In oApp.Namespace(MyPath & Fname).Items
......FileNameInZip
Next

but can you easily also get the date and size?

Thanks Doug
How did you find that. I Googled for all kinds of things for zip/unzip and
got frustrated that all the VBA code I was seeing was for EXCEL (guess I
goofed in my search). Excellent, excellent explanation, I really do not like
to just cut and paste code, when I don't fully understand everything the
code is doing.

One of the reasons I wanted to this, is sometimes when a report(s) isn't
working quite right I will ask the client to zip up the data and Email me
the data (so I can test and see what is going on).  Many times I get the
response "How do I do that?" (that is when my face goes all twisted), I am
hoping to add an option in an application that would automate the whole
procedure for them.  I read somewhere Tony Toews said he doesn't like the
procedure because someone could be using a third party Zip program and they
may have turned off the Window's Zip, if my client is smart enough to have
done this then they will not need to use the option.