[AccessD] I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Tue Feb 7 11:46:33 CST 2012

On the Tools Startup screen you will see a textbox labeled "Application Title". That determines what shows up in the title bar.

You can set a database property that automatically becomes the title. The property name is "appTitle" (which you will find in the VBA help file), and you can set it in code with something like this...

Sub SetAppName(vName As Variant)
Dim prpNew As Property
Dim db As DAO.Database
    On Error GoTo SetAppName_err
    Set db = CurrentDb
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    CurrentDb.Properties("appTitle") = vName
    Debug.Print "Application Name: "; CurrentDb.Properties("appTitle")
    Exit Sub
SetAppName_err:
    Select Case Err.Number
    Case 3270
        Set db = CurrentDb
        Set prpNew = db.CreateProperty("appTitle", dbText, vName)
        db.Properties.Append prpNew
        Resume
    Case Else
        MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
    End Select

End Sub

So you could append your version number to vName