[AccessD] Very Strange File Names - Temporarily

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Fri Feb 10 15:44:47 CST 2012

Ciao,

Thanks for your insights.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jurgen Welz
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:07 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Very Strange File Names - Temporarily

I've seen messed up file names in Windows Explorer every 3 or 4 months in a thin client network environment.  I hadn't tried the screen shot to see whether it captured the actual file names.  I suspected it to be a bandwidth/refresh issue.  The problem always resolved itself and only ever appeared to affect Explorer.

Ciao Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com

> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:23:13 -0600
> From: BradM at blackforestltd.com
> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
> Subject: [AccessD] Very Strange File Names - Temporarily
>
> I recently opened up a folder that I use a lot.
>
> The screen showed about 20 files in this folder (mostly Access 2007
> "accdb" files).
>
> Three files had names like 449X228.
>
> I have never seen this before. I did a Print Screen to capture what I
> was seeing.
>
> I then went into Paint and pasted in the Print Screen. The strange
> thing is that when I did the paste in Paint, the real file names were
> all shown correctly.
>
> Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?
>
> Poltergeist?
>
> New feature?
>
> Angry server gods?
>
> Brad