[AccessD] Access 2007 - Business Dashboards

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Mon Feb 13 13:52:48 CST 2012

All,

We have an existing Access 2007 application which provides a number of
key reports.  Recently there has been some discussion regarding Business
Dashboards.

All of the data for the Dashboards would be from the same data source as
the existing reports in the Access application.

It would be best if the Dashboards were integrated into the existing
Access Reporting Application if possible.

I believe that we can build most of the basic Dashboard components with
Access and Excel using Windows Automation (graphs, simple gauges, etc.).

However, there may be requests for some things that may be difficult to
build with Access/Excel.

For example, we might want a map of the U.S. and Canada to show sales
data by region (group of States or Provinces).  This would involve
changing the color of the States or Provinces depending on underlying
data.

I am curious how others may have built Dashboards either with Access
and/or Excel or with other software products that hopefully integrate
with Access/Excel.

Are there Dashboard products available that interface nicely with Access
and/or Excel?

Thanks,
Brad