[AccessD] HTML 5 coders

Michael michaeljrobertson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 00:51:03 CST 2012

Mark,

Here are paid and free IDEs available to do what you want - perhaps!  The
perhaps refers to any need for drag and drop development (such as  MS
Frontpage where you drag HTML elements onto a design surface). There are
drag and drop features in most IDEs but they are pretty limited these days.
I haven't used Dreamweaver for many years so I don't know if it still has
wide ranging DnD features.

I have tried most IDEs and keep coming back to Netbeans IDE for PHP (I do
all of my server side programming in PHP). You can find it at
http://www.netbeans.org. It's free, supports intellisense for javascript,
jQuery, HTML, CSS and PHP (plus other languages I don't use). Database
support for the major players but generally optimised for MySQL.

It has an integrated debugger for PHP. If you want debugging facilities for
Javascript etc then the browser developer tools are the way to go (Firebug
for Firefox, Dev tools for Chrome, IE and Safari plus whatever Opera et al
provide.

It's worth a look.

Regards,

Michael