[AccessD] Where is the PK info stored?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Feb 29 10:11:17 CST 2012

When I link to a view in SQL Server it stops and asks what field is the PK.  If you go into the
"table definition" in the database window, that field is set as the PK.  Having a PK is required to
allow the "table" (linked view) to be editable.  Somehow (not sure yet how) I have managed to strip
out that information, and suddently editable things become uneditable.  I relink the view, telling
it which field is the PK and it is back editable again.

I am trying to determine how I am mangling this thing but knowing where Access places this info
would help me in understanding the issue.

Does anyone know where Access hides this PK field info?

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it