[AccessD] Set references via automation

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 2 10:52:34 CST 2012

Hi Charlotte

Are you sure? I'm quite sure I once tried that with a simple splash-type form. There will be nothing to stop it from being displayed as long as no code dependant on a missing reference is run.
In any case you should be able to open a form with no code-behind but with a visible textbox or checkbox with the controlsource set to something like:

=CompileAndSave(VerifyReferences())

where VerifyReferences returns a boolean which, if False, would cancel the compile-and-save and instead pop a messagebox with an error.

/gustav

>>> charlotte.foust at gmail.com 02-01-2012 17:24 >>>
Nope, not from the opening form.  That loads libraries and you have to
clean the references first.

Charlotte Foust