[AccessD] but does it run...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 2 13:08:49 CST 2012

I very much agree, John.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 10:22 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] but does it run...

I just find it a fascinating concept.  Remember One Laptop Per Child?

http://laptop.org/en/laptop/hardware/specs.shtml

OLPC still seems to be alive and kicking, though nowhere near the numbers
hoped for I am sure, even
so a couple of million built.  So much has changed since that project
started.  A RasberryPi would
make a hell of a foundation for a new OLPC model.

I always hope such things do some good in the world.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 1/2/2012 12:04 PM, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> It will after all be a piece of history and some will be buying to have
> that, to be ahead of the pack if they are thinking of developing and some
> people may be betting that the 2K they will be putting out now will
> eventually be bought again by some collector, at much more, in the future.
>
> There will be a bit of a cost for those buying these units at the Los
Vegas