[AccessD] First software debacle of 2012 - pretty bad IMHO

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Jan 2 17:45:39 CST 2012

Gang - what does this say ? WE ARE DEPENDENT UPON SOFTWARE TODAY.
If this security software hadn't failed (it must have hard-coded the year
2011 or something),
this would not have made the news....wouldn't have happened. The timing of
this failure could not have been worse.
I am now lead investigator on the matter and in touch with the Marriot
Corporation to understand who is the responsible party.
Can you imagine all BMW cars failing on New Years eve due to a firmware bug
?
Now that would be unbelievable.
I am sure BMW has extensive code review sessions...and Marriot ? We'll see.