[AccessD] Weird problem

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jan 10 21:02:29 CST 2012

I did have bit fields.  I just changed those to int and updated the values to -1 from 1 for those
fields that needed it.  Relinked.  No Joy.  Just that one record has an issue.  I closed / reopened
Access etc. No joy.  This is truly strange.  I can edit the record from SQL Server but not from (my
workstation) using Access.

I have been doing this for many many months using other databases / FEs and have never run into this
issue.  I am wondering if this is truly another user on another workstation or something.

The error says "This record has been changed by another user *since you started editing it*."  I
know that is not true.

I don't have time stamp fields.  I'll try that next.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it