[AccessD] I want one!

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jan 20 22:46:43 CST 2012

See slide 2, the ENIAC.

Ten Computers That Changed the World | Innovationnewsdaily.com

http://www.innovationnewsdaily.com/485-computers-that-changed-the-world.html

In 1984 I worked for Megatek Corp in San Diego CA.  A Vax 11/780 ran the entire company, including
the stock room as well as compiling all software etc.  I dreamed of having one in my house.  25
years later my cell phone is a thousand times faster and more powerful.  Think about that, I use a
thousand Vax-11/780s, a thousand times the computing power used to run an entire company of 250
employees... just to make phone calls - and play games while waiting for my child's bus.

I feel positively decadent.

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it