[AccessD] One Note

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Jan 23 16:22:10 CST 2012

http://betanews.com/2012/01/23/compact-software-development-is-in-bloat-is-out/

<quote>
Native Coding is making a Comeback!

C is the cornerstone of native coding, particularly when it comes to Windows. It is interesting
that it continues to show such a strong standing among languages. Even Microsoft, I have
read, has shown an interest in getting back to native coding (albiet using C++ most likely).
Why the interest in native coding after years of pushing .NET and other frameworks? It can
be summed up in two words:

Speed and Size!

Yes, speed and size of applications. Maybe because of all the interest in tablet PC's and
smartphones, whch really need smaller and faster applications because of their form factors
(limited hardware). Maybe many are just getting tired of bloated software (takes too much
space and memory and runs too slow). Whatever the reasons, it can be summed up with
"compact and fast are IN" and "bloat and slow are OUT".
</quote>

--
Stuart McLachlan

Ph:    +675 340 4392