[AccessD] Help - Corrupt Access MDB File

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jan 24 07:59:19 CST 2012

I think you're right about me looking at it.  I don't think I have anything
you haven't tried.

Had a client last month whose back end got hosed.  They were doing regular
backups until the boss got a new machine - his box was the peer server for
the back end.  At that point no one restarted the daily backup procedure.

So their last backup was way too old to be of any use.  I put in several
hours recovering their database - just lucky that I was able to. Cost him
$600 - he cried but had no choice.  Think I'll call him today and verify
they're now doing backups.

Does your client at least have a reliable way to re-create the work that was
done since the last backup?  Mine would have had a bitch of a time doing it.