[AccessD] SQL Queries vs. String SQL

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:31:22 CST 2012

Well, perhaps for some Access developers. But I had the fortune to migrate
to ADP back in Access 2000, and after the first migration (no, make that
"During"), I wrote said utility to grab every RowSource and RecordSource
that began with the word "SELECT". The rest was trivial. Not only that, but
the benefits were obvious even sticking with an MDB BE. For example, a
combo-box RecordSource presenting CustomerID, formerly a SELECT statement
on several forms, now a named query Customer_qs (my convention: the suffix
in this case indicates Query Select).

I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.

-- Oscar Wilde