[AccessD] Issues with running applications in 64 bit version of Office

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sun Jan 29 18:45:34 CST 2012

Great. Thanks for the reference.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:12 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Issues with running applications in 64 bit version of
Office

It is poorly explained in the stackoverflow link.   A better reference is:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee691831%28loband%29.aspx#odc_office
2010_Co
mpatibility32bit64bit_IntroducingVBA7CodeBase

<quote>VBA 7 is a new code base, replacing the earlier version of VBA. VBA 7
exists for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010. It provides
two conditional compilation
constants: VBA7 and Win64. The VBA7 constant helps ensure the backward
compatibility of your code by testing whether your application is using VBA
7 or the previous version of VBA.
The Win64 constant is used to test whether code is running as 32-bit or as
64-bit. Both of these compilation constants are demonstrated later in this
article.</quote>

--
Stuart