[AccessD] Burn-out

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 10:35:29 CST 2012

Mark,

  I'm more or less in the same boat; for a one-man shop, time management is
always a problem.

  I'm generally steady or going crazy.  Right now it's crazy...have worked
the past three weekends and a forth is coming up.

  I think part of the answer is making sure your clients set priorities on
what they want done, then work on them in that order.    I'm a bit different
though in that I don't work on contracts, but strictly by the hour.  That
keeps things flexible and minimizes scope creep.

  But there's no happy place for a one-man shop.  Just the nature of the
beast.

Jim.