[AccessD] Is it Possible to Have a Variable in a VBA "CALL" Statement?

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:04:19 CST 2012

Brad,

One thought: have code behind each report that sets up your custom
filtering. Use a standard public method name.

Then, use CallByName to setup the report:

    CallByName(Reports("name"), "SetupFilter", VbMethod)

This way, the filter code that is specific to a report stays with that
report.

I used to be much more of a purist in VBA, but I got spoiled by languages
like JavaScript that support functional programming. See:

Can Your Programming Language Do This?

So, I think your approach fine. Big nested If or Case statements should be
avoided, especially if they must be touched every time a new report is
added.

-Ken