[AccessD] Svar: What to do? (was: Just Another Old Boys Club)

Rusty Hammond rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Thu Jul 12 10:47:19 CDT 2012

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but apparently if you used
linked tables in an Access front end to Sharepoint lists (tables), you
can run them disconnected, then when you get hooked back up to the
Sharepoint server, the data is synced back to the Sharepoint list.  I
could see this being pretty useful when you have more than one person
out in the field or just want a way to automatically backup your data,
and if the Surface tablet works out you aren't lugging around a laptop
anymore but have the same capability.

Then there's the ability to show that data on a Sharepoint site on the
web.  Assign customer logins to that site, and allow them to see their
data, export it to Excel, etc...  Lots of possibilities here.

Pretty cool stuff, IMO.

Rusty