[AccessD] Where to publish stuff

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Jul 13 15:14:59 CDT 2012

HI Jim and All --

I like the way email systems work too.

As for the DatabaseAdvisors discussions lists/forums/blogs/articles/... new engine - here DotNetNuke (http://www.dotnetnuke.com) could be used IMO - it has many useful advanced CMS features free (from its community edition) out-of-the-box. It has mobile UI /skin automatic switching feature but is it available for free or not - that have to be checked. Being an ASP.NET-driven CMS engine and built using modular principle DNN looks like being ready to get its web sites shaped in tablet/Metro-style friendly skins...

And as we all here seems to be getting more and more busy with our businesses having left less and less time with doing "free stuff" I'd propose to find a DNN skins designer to make the new DatabaseAdvisor site skin and pay for that work together whatever sum an Access-D member can afford - when that DNN skin is ready then DotNetNuke setup on a hosting site as e.g. PowerDNN is as well as moving old DatabaseAdvisors site stuff to the new one wouldn't be a very time consuming issue...

DNN forums do have a feature to e-mail new posts as well as replies of the threads you've got interested/participated in etc.

I cannot say I consider DNN a perfect solution but it looks like an "optimal solution" in DatabaseAdvisors group current context.

Thank you.

-- Shamil