[AccessD] And we believe in the stock market?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:15:30 CDT 2012

I could launch off on several different sub-threads here, drawing insights
from Soros, Krugman, Chomsky, and even, going way back, Adam Smith.

Let's suffice for the moment with this:

There is no such institution as "Too Big to Fail." The essence of
capitalism is "Fork You if You Fail." If we want a capitalist economy, then
NO bailouts. End of story. To invest is to take risks. Suffer the
consequences for your bad decisions. Don't expect mom 'n' pop to bail you
out.

Go ahead: export all the US jobs to China or Mexico, and then belly-ache
because the unemployment rate is so high that no one can afford these
imported goods.

It's time for a revolution, and I think that the USA is growing ripe for
just such an overthrow of the status quo. (Canada's concentration of wealth
is even more concentrated, but we are wimps and less likely to take the
obvious actions.)

I'm not against free trade, but on the other hand I think that it's time
the unions went multi-national too, in parallel with their masters, the
multinational corporations. To wit, everyone in every country working the
same job should be paid identical wages, so there would be no point in
exporting jobs to China or Mexico or wherever. Then, and only then, we
might get somewhere in our battle to prevent the corporations from
exporting jobs to the Third World.

A.