[AccessD] Where to publish stuff

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jul 14 04:55:10 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur and Stuart --

Here is a test DNN setup I have made for you and All to try it:

http://shamils-42.hosting.parking.ru/GettingStarted.aspx

FYI: Setup took less than half an hour, that was a Typical setup.  It's not that I'm doing DNN setups every day - last one I did several months ago for DNN v.5.4.x
Website is running on parking.ru shared virtual host with shared SQL Server having many other hosting users databases - that's a typical ASP.NET hosting you can find everywhere nowadays;

You can find test web site to be a bit slow at start-up but when used constantly, without ASP.NET engine putting web site in a sleep mode because of its inactivity, then DNN web sites with proper skins fly.

I suppose that if the goal of making DatabaseAdvisors  group more "populated" and popular then using MS web platforms/tools based web site engine is preferable - it's just illogical IMO to use other platforms.
There are several ASP.NET CMS - here is the list:

http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?query=cms&stableOnly=true&sortBy=Relevance&licenses=|&ac=8

As I have already noted using DNN in the current DatabaseAdvisors group context could be preferable IMO as it's:

- widely used and has very active community;
- inexpensive;
- not time consuming to setup and to support;
- open for extensions;
- mobile platforms friendly(?);
- ...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. I didn't configure sample web site to have proper e-mail accounts - you can register but you'll not get any notification e-mails.