[AccessD] OT: Reporting Services Jump to URL Question

Darren darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Jul 17 23:42:21 CDT 2012

Hi All

Brains trust Q.

Sorry for the WAY OT post. This is killing me and is wasting too much time

I have a reporting services report.

One field on this report displays a proper and working UNC path to a file
(It's a link to a pdf file).

Something like: \\SomeServer\SomeShare\SomeFolder\SomeFile.pdf
<file:///\\SomeServer\SomeShare\SomeFolder\SomeFile.pdf>

All good.

If I set the "Jump to URL" property of this field to the UNC value it does
not work.

Not in the report designer nor in rep Services HTTP.

BUT!!! If I export the report to Excel the hyperlink portion works fine.

The UNC path is qualified - I can copy and paste it into START | RUN and
have it open the PDF.

But in the report.no joy.

I have googled and many have suggested adding file:// <file:///\\>  before
the actual path. Tried this in various permutations. No joy

Others have said things akin to adding window.open() to get it to open in a
browser. No joy.

Some has suggested Javascript.void() as well. No joy.

Nothing has worked and I've wasted way too many hours on something that
should be relatively straight forward.

Great unhappiness L

I have even tried "hard coding" a path such as =C:\Test.txt - (And this file
does exist) but all with no joy.

Need help - Signed a frustrated fat man.

Many thanks in advance.

Darren.