[AccessD] Access 2013 -- MDB Back Ends Dead?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:23:57 CDT 2012

I just picked up this from the Google+ Access Gurus group, posted by Armen
Stein, one of the MVPs there:

"Speed is a whole different ballgame now. Since 2013 now uses SQL Server to
store the data, speed is much better, even over larger recordsets. Also,
aggregrate queries are supported again. Overall from what I've seen,
database size and speed are not concerns anymore."

Looks like my abandonment of the MDB format and serious investment in SQL
Server (both alone and as a BE for Access projects) is going to pay off
big-time.

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

It's a fallacy to assume that because science can't explain something, that
therefore something else can, for example religion.

-- Richard Dawkins