[AccessD] OLEDB connection string

Andrew Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 02:06:06 CDT 2012

Morning all

I know I'm late to this but I'm trying to setup an OLEDB connection string to
SQL Server. I've found info on the web for this but I'm not having any joy. This
is a code snippet of what I have.

strConnect = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=FRGRAAPP02;Initial
Catalog=TALEG_CI;IntegratedSecurity=SSPI;"

tdf.Connect = strConnect

where tdf is defined as DAO.Tabledef and is sitting on a table definition of a
table currently linked to an MDB. The code fails, however, with "Error Attaching
tablename". Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? The Data Source is the server
name and TALEG_CI is the SQL Database which has no security on it. We're wanting
to use Windows authentication.

Help please. I really need this.

Cheers

Andy