[AccessD] OLEDB connection string

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 1 09:35:14 CDT 2012

Hi Andrew:

Check out this site/page for examples: http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Lacey
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 12:06 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] OLEDB connection string

Morning all

I know I'm late to this but I'm trying to setup an OLEDB connection string
SQL Server. I've found info on the web for this but I'm not having any joy.
This
is a code snippet of what I have.

strConnect = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=FRGRAAPP02;Initial
Catalog=TALEG_CI;IntegratedSecurity=SSPI;"

tdf.Connect = strConnect

where tdf is defined as DAO.Tabledef and is sitting on a table definition of
table currently linked to an MDB. The code fails, however, with "Error
Attaching
tablename". Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? The Data Source is the
server
name and TALEG_CI is the SQL Database which has no security on it. We're
wanting
to use Windows authentication.

Help please. I really need this.

Cheers