[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:33:24 CDT 2012

My own experience with an android tablet suggests to me that I keep far
away from Windows 8.  I love my smartphone (android gingerbread) but I
definitely don't love the honeycomb OS on my tablet.  I can't find things,
I can't put things where I want them, and I have to go through layers of
pretty to get to anything.  As for usability, I can take notes and compose
documents on my phone, but my tablet jumps erractically from one place to
another and I'm suddenly trying to type in another location!  Trying to
select a block of text is beyond frustration, it's absurd.

Thanks guys, but I think I'll pass on metro in all its various
presentations.

Charlotte Foust