[AccessD] VPN

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Sun Jun 3 22:37:52 CDT 2012

John,

Is something like a regular VPN out of question? I'm running an OpenVPN server and it works great. Otherwise, I've got a spare Netgear router (model WNR3500L), which can have DDR-WRT firmware installed on it, which includes the ability to set up an L2TP VPN, which also works great and stable.

If you are able to virtualize on your client end, I think I could cook up a Virtual Box image, which is a barebones OpenVPN server (been planning to do this anyhow), but it would of course require you open up a port on their firewall and do some configuration. And it would require that you assume some amount of responsibility for it.

Nothing is cheaper than free though!

Hans