[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 12 11:26:58 CDT 2012

Hi Hans et al

Yep. St. Petersburg is so far from the "dull, grey Soviet city of the cold war" you may have in mind, that it is hard to believe. A true star of the European cities.
It's not the capital of Russia but could have been, so if you ever have the option to stop by or redirect your journey, don't hesitate.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 11-06-12 21:37 >>>
Hi Hans --

I wish Denmark football team won Portugal...

> Some day soon I hope.
You're welcome, give me a call when you'll start your trip here...

> I've never really been to Russia, I'm afraid...
It's not that dangerous, I mean that. You'll see many similarities to Copenhagen in St.Petersburg... and many differences...
At least the weather and nature are very similar here summer time: I have been with family to Copenhagen in June a couple of years ago and then we have got rented a car and went to Billund (LEGOLand) so we traversed your native country from East to West (and before that we came from Finland and Sweden) - all three Scandinavian countries' (Finland, Sweden and Denmark) nature look very similar to North-West Russian one: I have even got brought from Billund area several sprouting acorns and they are growing here now in the garden as small oaks having survived two Russian winters...

Thank you.

-- Shamil