[AccessD] OT: Win8 Preview is up&running here on Oracle Virtual Box 4.1.16...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 17 19:04:34 CDT 2012

Hi Jim and all --

I have got Win8 installed on Oracle Virtual Box 4.1.16:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/stest/InstallingWin8_07.jpg

One can use [Ctrl]+Esc to switch to desktop mode, and then use [Windows Key] + E to open Windows Explorer and [Windows Key]+R to open command prompt, or just use [Windows Key] + E to immediately switch to desktop mode and run Windows Explorer...

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/stest/InstallingWin8_09.jpg

...or create custom shortcuts, or to use [Alt]+TAB to switch between running applications.
Start menu is hidden but its folder is present and can be made visible...

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/stest/InstallingWin8_10.jpg

And Win8 Preview runs smoothly in Oracle Virtual Box 4.1.16 on my test "mere mortals" 5+ years old DELL 9400 Inspiron laptop...

Recap/my expectation from first Win8 use: Win8 has all the standard Windows system features available (except Start menu) and many more new features/apps (to investigate), and it (Win8) promise to be a success for desktops, tablets and smart-phones...

Thank you.

-- Shamil