[AccessD] OT: Win8 Preview is up&running here on Oracle VirtualBox 4.1.16...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 18 11:35:05 CDT 2012

Hi Gustav:

Unfortunately, even though my house has about 10 computers, they are all
being used...virtualization will have to suffice.

With Windows8 having various issues with an array of hardware maybe
Microsoft could help with providing a list of accepted equipment. This all
takes me back to early Windows 3.xx when I had a 300 page book from which to
check for known and potential hardware compatibility issues.

Microsoft does have a checker for whether hardware virtualization is turned
on or not but even that software only supports a limited list of operating
systems on which the product can run.

What is needed is a piece of software, preferable self-booting from a DVD,
CD, NIC, external HD or flash card, which is capable of scanning, the large
number systems out there to find out which products are fully, partial and
not supported at all, by Win8.

No one, especially businesses are going to be interested in software which
until they attempt an install, will they know whether there are going to be
compatibility issues.

Jim