[AccessD] Running A Stand Alone On A MAC

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Jun 21 19:05:08 CDT 2012

Hi Tony,

You mileage may vary here, but it might be worth a try. You could try running it under Wine. Wine support is pretty incredible these days and it will run a lot of Windows apps natively, rather than through a virtual machine, which is inherently slower and more resource intensive.

There are some nice frontend interfaces that make setting up and configuring applications to run through Wine quite easily.

One such example is WineBottler. I think this might be the best one for you, as the other one, Wineskin, is geared more towards games (although it should still work just as well).

As mentioned, all you do is point WineBottler to your executables and it opens the application as it would on a Windows computer. Then you can create an application link to make launching it simple in the future.

Wine supports Photoshop and MS Office, so that should tell you something about how good/complete it is, but there's always the off chance that your app is calling some mystical Windows Api that hasn't been ported yet. But worth a try in my opinion, since it is so easy to set up and give it a spin.

- Hans

Sent from my iPhone