[AccessD] Running A Stand Alone On A MAC

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jun 21 22:44:56 CDT 2012

My app is an Access Fe written in Access 2003 (along with my frameworks).  The BE is SQL Server
running in my office.  The FE runs on a MAC in my colleague's office.  His Mac runs a VM inside of
which runs Windows 7.  The FE runs under Access 2007 runtime.  The FE accesses the data over the
internet using Hamachi as a VPN, IOW he runs Hamachi on his system and I run it on my server, and
Hamachi forms a tunnel over the internet.

You mentioned your client running Access under Windows 7 under Parallels on a Mac.  I am telling you
that we are doing that.

Transparent it is, kinda, within the framework of "it's running on a Mac".  Just as an example a Mac
apparently doesn't have a control key.   Hmmm... We Windows folks use the control key for shortcuts
and stuff.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away