[AccessD] You Guys make Me Sick

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Fri Jun 22 17:33:29 CDT 2012

I tried desperately to go into Business Intelligence/Analytics...and wean
myself from Excel/Access VBA.
I just couldn't pull it off...major reason: met with an avalanche of
Indian's in the same space.
Another reason: every potential engagement came with a huge set of "must
have" requirements...
and I usually was a little short of one or two of them.
This is what you call a very difficult and unforgiving tech job marketplace.
If you've got all of the in-demand skills, you're in good shape.
Otherwise, you are bottom-feeding.

Recent comments/stats on Programmers Guild online forum:
2012 College Grads with Law degrees at the lowest employment percentage
placement in decades: 85%
2012 STEM Grads (Science,Tech,Engineering,Math) are at 50% which is a high
from 40% of 3 years ago.
Grim stats for American techies for sure. And those lawyers(lobbiests) are
responsible for this situation.