[AccessD] LogMeIn (was: Office 365 Re: You Guys make Me Sick)

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 24 05:57:37 CDT 2012

Hi Mark

This is where your creativity is called upon.

Typically, most file transfer is needed shortly after you have initiated LogMeIn on the remote machine. For this you can use the 30-day free trial period for the Pro version. It will automatically revert to the free version when you don't pay (the rather steep price per month for the Pro version).

After this, if the remote machine is not "locked down", we use FTP from one of our servers.

Another option is SkyDrive whichs work across nearly any firewall. You may even install the tiny SkyDrive app which automatigally will sync a local folder of yours with a folder of yours on SkyDrive.

Currently I work for a large corporation running a completely locked down Citrix environment. FTP is, of course, an absolute no-no, HTTP download is either very slow or blocked but SkyDrive (using HTTPS) came to rescue as I need to transfer files from our environment to my remote Citrix desktop at the client.

But SkyDrive is free to use if you can manage to limit your storage to 7 GB.

/gustav

>>> marksimms at verizon.net 24-06-12 4:04 >>>
<snip>
Logmein for example: totally worthless without the File Manager to transfer files to/from host.
</snip>