[AccessD] SSIS was (Office 365 Re: You Guys make Me Sick)

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:17:29 CDT 2012

But that's the thing, what is the thing I should be doing in SSIS that I'm
not already doing via TSQL?

I have jobs that run  every hour, if certain conditions are met/found/not
met/not found I am (or other people are) emailed.

I have another job that backs up the database on the live server.
The file is copied over via a C# program that I have that runs at midnight.
I have another job that restores the database on a development server a few
minutes later.

I guess that would be something that SSIS could handle a little less "rube
goldberg-ish" than the way I am currently doing it.

But seriously, I have yet to hear of something that SSIS does that I am
missing out on.