[AccessD] Windows-7 (64 Bit) ODBC Driver Issue

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Wed Jun 27 13:19:46 CDT 2012

All,

We have an Access 2010 (32 bit) application that uses ODBC to access
data in a Firebird database.

This is currently working nicely on a number of PCs that are running
Windows XP or Windows-7 32 bit.

Today, a new computer arrived which has Windows-7 64 bit.
The Firebird Database ODBC Driver that we have been using is 32 bit.  We
cannot get it to work.

I am confused.

Do we need a 64-bit ODBC driver because we have Windows-7 (64 bit), even
though we are running Access 2010 (32-bit).

Will a 64-bit ODBC driver work with Access 2010 (32 bit)?

Thanks for your help,

Brad