[AccessD] Exchange Rate - Currency Converter thingy

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jun 29 07:16:38 CDT 2012

Hi Shamil

No, you are right of course. "Always", "never", "best" are dangerous words. "It depends" is probably the most valid phrasing.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 29-06-12 13:52 >>>
Hi Gustav --

> *I guess the API method would be marginally faster for fetching small
> files and few values - but very inflexible.*
Well, 'flexibility', 'adaptability',... don't have an absolute meaning for software projects, do they?
API + parsing "naive hardcoder"'s "quick & dirty" *solution could be considered as the most flexible in some contexts - after all it doesn't depend on XML parsers, XSL transformations etc. - it just works...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:27:09 +0200 от "Gustav Brock" <gustav at cactus.dk>:

Hi Shamil

No no. By the phrasing:

> next step would be to just download the xml-string and parse it.

I just meant to fetch the file content without using the XML library and then parse it (the same way as you demonstrated or similar).

As to your project, I guess the API method would be marginally faster for fetching small files and few values - but very inflexible.

/gustav