[AccessD] Exchange Rate - Currency Converter thingy

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Fri Jun 29 10:36:42 CDT 2012

I haven't really followed this but if you don't mind using web services check out http://www.webservicex.net/WS/WSDetails.aspx?CATID=2&WSID=10

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of jack drawbridge
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 5:34 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Exchange Rate - Currency Converter thingy

Hi guys,

My interest in the xmlhttp and DomDocument were an attempt to use these with vba (and answer Darren's post). I could find no vba samples interacting with these and it seemed (perhaps I am the naive one) that it should be available/doable. I did find some Excel vba specific examples.

Glad to see that Shamil has more free/idle time than JC to show us several ways to get the exchange rate (parse XML).
???How do these guys have the time(stamina) to rebuild multi gig servers, latest HW, understand the details of all these languages, respond(with
examples) to a variety of questions, and still have time to make a living, and maintain family life???

I did see samples where people treated the xml (or html in many cases) as a plain text string and began using InStr, Mid etc, (head-down brute force) but did not use any constructs (xml parser,XSL,??? etc).

Happy to see alternatives.

Jack