[AccessD] Question about deleteing from datasheet view

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Fri Mar 2 06:25:55 CST 2012

Doug,

    The underlying reason for the behavior experienced by you can be considered inherent to the nature of an outer join, when such a query is filtered to show only Nulls on the many side. In this set up, deletion of a record via user interface, is tantamount to deletion of a non-existent record.

    Temporary disappearance of displayed record in question (preceded by warning message) is a sort of illusion. It relates merely to removal of a virtual row, corresponding record for which was never there to start with.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal