[AccessD] Linked in groups

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 8 12:55:36 CST 2012

 >I won't link to anyone that I haven't actually worked with, so my list is rather small in
comparison to some who treat it more like Face book.

I deleted my Facebook account a few weeks ago.  I read an article just this week where employers are
demanding, as a requirement for being hired, to look at your facebook page.  College coaches doing
the same thing to get on a team.

I had actually done the lockdown procedure, but what is the point if the thugs can just demand
access or we won't talk to you?  Mine was never very interesting but when these kinds of demands
begin, it is time to get out of the environment entirely.

You cannot demand what doesn't exist.  Alternatively, "ohhh, let me make one and you and I will be
the only friends!"

Having done that, there are a ton of pages which expect you to have a facebook account in order to
do things that you would never expect to require facebook (opinions and the like).  Oh well, I don't
have one.

I also deleted my Google history everywhere in advance of their new privacy policy.  Again, to my
knowledge it was never very interesting but in general, none of your business!  The sad part is that
some of the "uses" they talk about sound like greate use of technology, but in the end I don't trust
that anyone can prevent hacking and so preventing the storage of my data minimizes the theft of my data.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it