[AccessD] Access 2007 Application Deployed on Access 2010 - Windows-7 (64 bit)

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Mar 16 13:52:49 CDT 2012

Brad,

On a 64 bit OS, the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Office can be installed.
Your safest bet is to make sure it's 32 bit.  If that's the case, then
you'll have no real problems.

If however it's the 64 bit version (which even Microsoft is still not
recommending unless you absolutely need it), then you'll have a little bit
of work.

Any API calls you have will need to be checked.  If you want the DB to run
under both 32 bit and 64 versions or Access 2010, you'll need to use
compiler directives.

 Finally, if you use any ODBC data sources, make sure you can get 64 bit
drivers for them.  Office 64 bit can only use 64 bit drivers.  This is a big
sticking point for many because the rest of the world outside of Microsoft
still hasn't caught up with 64 bit.

Jim.