[AccessD] Windows Azure MS SQL DB hosting costs calculation - anybody?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Mar 16 15:16:02 CDT 2012

Shamil,

<<They (MS) seems to be now providing Windows Azure free trial
(http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0018p), was that available
before?>>

 Yes, it has.

<<I suppose my sample/probable real life project case Windows Azure MS SQL
DB hosting costs calculations would be interesting to many developers from
this list ?>>

 Before you go too far down the path, you might want to check out the
following thread:

http://rdsrc.us/NlPrvS

 Which is a link to a thread on EE where one of the Expert's tried out Azure
and Access and his trials and tribulations.  It's fundamentally different
then what your looking to do (he was looking to work over a 3G cellular
network), but some of what he discovered will still apply.

  Think it's worth a few minutes to read through.

Jim.