[AccessD] Larry Ellison - was Access 2007 Application Deployedon Access2010

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 17 15:14:19 CDT 2012

I do not think that Larry Ellison's stance has much to do with his success.

What he has done is build the industry standard in databases, Oracle. After
that he trained and then protected all the techs who work with the product.
As a result, anywhere you go, an Oracle certified tech makes a very decent
wage. All other certifications are hardly worth the paper they are printed
on as they have a short life-span and the market quickly becomes flooded
with the hot one.

Larry in his infinite wisdom, has kept the certifications limited, sponsored
only certified techs and protected them from outside training companies.
Companies who run Oracle databases are not the real owners of the product,
Oracle is.

Jim