[AccessD] Unusual Sub Totals Needed on Access 2007 Report

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Mar 20 22:03:07 CDT 2012

All,

I am working on a report that has a need for rather unusual sub-totaling.

I will use a simple test example to explain what I am trying to do.

The data for the report comes from a query with only two fields “Group” and “Amount”.

There are three groups, Group-1, Group-2, Group-3.

The report needs to have sub-totals for each Group.  This is easy.

Now the tricky part.  The report also needs a total for Group-2 and Group-3 added together.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Is there some way to capture select sub-totals for later use?  If I can capture the amounts, I can build the extra sub-total into one of the footers.

Thanks,
Brad