[AccessD] Master/Detail Classes in Access

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:31:19 CDT 2012

I've been playing with classes used to manipulate data and find that when
administering a single table in single-record form mode, it's a cinch. But
I cannot figure out how to handle the rows in a subform using classes. It's
simple to create a class that mirrors the fields in the sub-table, and I'm
guessing that I should create a collection in the master-table and populate
it with instances of the Details class. I can do that, but then I'm not
sure how to "navigate the collection.

I've done some Googling in hopes of finding some working example of this
approach, but so far no luck. To keep it as general as possible, let's say
I want a traditional orders and order-details form/subform, using classes
clsOrder and clsDetail, plonking the latter into the former's collection of
details. Something like that. If there's a better way, I'm happy to go with
it.

Anyone have some code that does this? Or a URL to an example?
TIA.
--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Psychoanalysis is intended to take the neurotic and render them merely
unhappy.
  -- Sigmund Freud