[AccessD] New database from hell

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Mar 30 07:25:52 CDT 2012

BCP works fine when you already have a table definition.  Without that it is problematic.  This file
was 250 GB in size.  The first line was a header definition but getting at that was almost impossible.

I did manage to use the built-in import wizard, jiggle a couple of the field sizes and then just let
it run.  It took overnight but it worked.  The database is now in.

 >> A quick look in BOL should give you everything you need to know.

This has to be my favorite saying of all times.  Learning anything from BOL is like trying to learn
French by intentionally moving in with a crusty old french farmer in the boonies of the alps.  You
probably will learn French eventually but there are about a billion easier ways.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it